Recently, Ayushman Bharat scheme has been launched. People are looking for details such as eligibility, features for the scheme. If you are also the one who is looking for the various details related to the scheme then this is the right place for you.
Before proceeding further to the eligibility of the Ayushman Bharat, let us first get some knowledge of its features.
Features offered by Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- The scheme comes up with an aim to offers health insurances to at least 10 Crore families.
- This is the world’s largest scheme to provide health care facilities to almost 50 Crore beneficiaries.
- All beneficiaries of the scheme will get Aadhaar card for the identification.
- Aadhaar card is not necessary to purchase this policy, you can purchase it just by proving your identity via any proof of identity.
- Its aim to offer health insurance to more and more people.
- The scheme offers the coverage as per the family basis and offers coverage of Rs. 5,00,000 per family.
- The scheme offers 1,354 health packages such that you can select the appropriate one as per your preferences.
- In this case, a family can be of 2 members or 6 members or more or less, there is no restriction for the family members and for the age. Whenever one wants to purchase the policy, one can purchase after fulfilling the eligibility criteria for the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria to opt this plan
For rural area
- If your family does not consist of any adult male member whose age lies in between 16 to 59 years then you can opt this plan.
- If you have a disabled person in your family as well as you do not have any adult member who is able-bodied in your family.
- If you do not have your own house or shelter.
- If you have home created with Kucha roofs and walls.
- Either SC or ST households are eligible under this plan.
- A landless family whose living and whose household depends upon the manual labor.
- A family living on alms and primitive tribal groups are eligible under this plan.
- Manual scavenger families are eligible.
- A female-headed family with no any adult male who is able-bodied.
In Urban area
People such as rag pickers, domestic workers, beggars, transport workers such as a driver, conductor, rickshaw driver, and cart puller, Sanitation workers such as sewage worker, sweeper, labor, plumber or any other construction worker, home-based workers such as tailor, artisan and many more workers are eligible under this plan.
So, now you have a basic understanding of this scheme and if you want to check your eligibility under this scheme then here are given both the online as well as offline methods which will help you to check your eligibility.
Checking eligibility for this scheme (Online mode)
- Visit http://mera.pmjay.gov.in/ landing page. Enter the asked fields such as your active mobile number on which you can receive a text message containing OTP. Then enter the letters given in the captcha. After entering both the fields, click on the tab “generate OTP”. Then you will see an option asking you to enter OTP. Enter OTP there and then click on the tab “verify OTP”. Check the below-given image for the reference.
- After completing the first step successfully, you will be redirected to a new page. Check the below image for the reference. Here you will get three options to check the eligibility.
a.) Ration card number or mobile number
On 31st April 2018, a drive was conducted whose main purpose is to collect the details of the people. This has been known as ABCD (additional data collection drive). If you have provided your details such as the active mobile number and ration card number then you will get the results from the portal. If you have not participated in that drive then option “b” means, you have to go with SECC.
b.) SECC name
In this one have to enter basic details such as name, gender, father’s name, address, state, and some other details. In case, if you did not receive any results from the portal after giving all right details then you should contact “Ayushman Mitra”.
c.) RSBY URN
If you have enrolled under RSBY before 31st March 201 then you can go with this option.
3.) After successful entering of details, you can easily check the eligibility. You will also receive a message by clicking on “get message” tab which includes HHID number. You can use this number for future references.
Checking eligibility for this scheme (Offline mode)
So, you had already got the method of checking eligibility online, here is the offline method.
If you want to check your eligibility for this scheme then you need to call at helpline center of this scheme. The helpline numbers for checking eligibility for this plan are 14555 and 1800111565.