How can one check that whether someone has used your Aadhaar Card and when he has used it. The UIDAI’s Aadhaar authentication/History feature can help you to check, when and who has used your Aadhaar card.
Recently, it has become compulsory to link your Aadhaar card to the bank accounts, EPF, PAN, Life Insurances as well as Mutual Funds. Thus, Aadhar Card is one of the most important and critical document that one has with him. Thus, considering this importance, there are possibilities that there may be misuse of someone’s Adhaar Card. To prevent this situation, the UIDAI has recently launched the facility online by utilizing which, one can check, when and who used the Adhaar Cards. This particular service is known as Aadhaar Authentication History.
What is “Aadhaar Authentication Service”?
The Aadhaar Authentication is a systematic process by which the Aadhaar number along with biometric information or the demographic information of the card holder is cross checked by CIDR( Central Identities Data Repository). This check is done at the request of a service provider like a bank, an Insurance Company, a mutual fund operator or by a telecom operator for the Identity Proof.
The Aadhaar Authentication can be completed by different means like biometric fingerprints, IRIS, Demographic as well as OTP ( One time password) to the registered mobile phone or the email ID.
The Process of checking online when and who used someone’s Aadhaar card
The persons who want to know when and who used his / her Adhaar card must follow the below mentioned steps:
1) In the first step, the person will have to first visit UIDAI Aadhar Kiosk (The Adhaar online service window) and have to click on the link mentioned in the image.
2) After this one will have to enter his / her Aadhaar Card number as well as the security code which is displayed on the screen.
3) Here one will have options to choose from various authentication types like Demographic, Biometric, OTP, etc. Here one can select one or all different types of authentication.
4) One can also select the number of records to display. The maximum number of records, which can be displayed is 50.
5) After this one has to click on the tab-Generate OTP.
6) After this, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile. One has to enter the OTP in the textbox prompting the OTP.
7) On entering the OTP, the complete Aadhaar Authentication History will be shown.
8) One can also select the date range. Here a maximum of 6 months history can be viewed.
This process can show the Aadhaar Authentication History and will show you the time, date as well as the type of authentication requests. It will not show the company or the agency, which used the Aadhaar data for authentication. By putting this system forward the UIDAI has assured that there is no misuse of someone’s Adhaar card. Now it is safe to have such an important and critical document with you.