Central Government has made it mandatory to Link Aadhaar to your Bank Account Numbers. The deadline given for this process is 31st Dec 2017. Hence, it is now important for all of us now to link the Aadhaar with the Bank accounts and to check, if the Adhaar is linked to the bank account or not?
In case, a person is holding multiple bank accounts, he has to link all such bank accounts to the Aadhaar. In case if a person fails to link the accounts to the Adhaar, the account will be blocked or closed. Once a person, submits the adhaar information, the accounts will get operative again.
How to check, whether Aadhaar is linked to the bank accounts or not?
There are 3 methods available, through which, one can check if the Adhaar is linked to bank accounts. We will see the three methods in detail:
1. Checking, utilizing the Internet Banking Facility
Using the Internet Banking Facility, one can easily determine, whether the Adhaar is linked to the bank accounts or not. For example, take the case of HDFC bank. After someone Log In HDFC bank Internet Banking and one will click the Request Tab, he will find “ View/update Aadhaar” Link there. On clicking the link, one can check whether the Aadhaar Number is linked or not.
2. Checking by visiting the UDAI Portal
The following steps can be adopted for checking the linking of Adhaar to Bank account by using the UDAI Portal:
- First, one should visit the UDAI Homepage
- Then, under the” Aadhaar Services”, one can click on the link “Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status”. This will open another window.
- On the next page you will be prompted to enter the Aadhaar Number as well as the Security code. After entering the required information, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile.
- After verifying the OTP, you will be redirected to the details screen
- On this screen you will get the information like your Aadhaar number and the bank accounts, it is linked with.
3. Checking, using mobile (without internet)
One can check, whether the Adhaar is linked to the bank accounts, by using the mobile, even if the internet is not present. This is known as *99*99# service.
The *99*99# is a value added service ( USSD Based) from NPCI that helps the customers to check the status of the Adhaar linking or seeding with the bank accounts.
The above service will work even without the presence of internet on the phone. Also, you will be charged nothing for using this service. You can avail this service for free.
Thus, the above are the three methods, which can be used to gather the information related to Aadhaar Linking to the bank Accounts.