The government of India has recently launched the UMANG App. This Umang App is for all government related services. In this article, we are going to see how to view the EPF Passbook and withdraw the EPF using the Umang App.
Recently Government of India has launched UMANG App. This includes all Government related services. The government of India has earlier provided the facility of online EPF withdrawal. Going one step forward, the various EPFO services are included in the Umang App. Now utilizing the Umang app, you can view the EPF passbook as well as withdraw the EPF.
Details on Umang App
The Umang App is a unified mobile application for the New age Governance. The Umang app is developed by the ministry of Electronics and Information Technology as well as National Governance Development. Umang App is an evolving and very suitable platform for the Citizens of India to access the e Gov services. This includes the e Gov Services related to the Center, State, Local bodies as well as other agencies of the government.
It is expected that the Umang App will integrate about 200 government services by 2019 and across various departments as well as states to help people work seamlessly with various departments of the government. The mobile app Umang is going to soon provide the integration with other services like PayGov.
The Mobile app Umang is claimed to revolutionize the way an Indian citizen will avail the services of the government. The Umang Mobile app will help the citizens to download a single appropriate app, rather than multiple apps for different departments and will help the citizens of India to discover various government services.
One can link the Aadhaar card with the Umang App, however, it is not mandatory. But it is always good to link the Umang App’s account with the Aadhaar card.
Features of Umang App related to EPF
One can perform the following activities related to the EPF by utilizing the Umang App:
Here any person can view his / her view the EPF passbook and can raise as well as track the EPF Claims. The employees registered in EPF can see the passbook of EPF including all the transactions, including the credit and debit of different amounts.
One can also raise claims in the form of Form 10C, Form 19 and Form 31 through the Umang App. By raising these claims they can provide the application for the partial or the full withdrawal of their PF.
The employees can also track their various claims initiated by the Umang App. Here, the employees will require the UAN number as Authentication.
Withdrawing EPF Using Umang App
One can follow the below mentioned steps to withdraw their EPF through the Umang App:
1) First the employee will have to register on the Umang App. On the first screen, one will have to select the EPF option.
2) After clicking the EPF link, you will find a screen where the various features related to EPFO will be classified in 3 categories. One has to click on the Employee Centric Services.
3) Under the Employee centric Services, one has to click the option of Raise Claim.
4) On clicking the Raise Claim option, it will ask for the UAN number and on entering the UAN number, it will authenticate you by sending an OTP (One Time Password) on your mobile phone.
5) After authenticating you by the OTP successfully, it will ask you to select the type of EPF claim you would like to initiate. You can select the claim type and can proceed with filing the claim.
6) On filing the claim, you will be given a reference number, which can be used to track your claim in the future. One should remember this reference number.
Viewing the EPF passbook
One can follow the steps mentioned below to view the EPF passbook by using the Umang App:
1) First, the employee registered with EPFO will have to register on the Umang App
2) On the first screen one will have to click on the EPF option.
3) On the next screen, one will have to select the Employee centric Services
4) Under the Employee Services, one has to click on the View EPF Passbook option.
5) The system will authenticate you with the OTP.
6) After successfully authenticating you, it will open the Passbook in the PDF format
7) One can save the passbook and can also take its printout.
Thus, we have seen that one can view the EPF passbook as well as withdraw the EPF by using the Umang app. One can take the benefit of the information provided in this article and use the Umang App adequately.