Piyush Goyal, the union finance and the railway minister say that this has been the safest year for Indians railways. The railway minister added in his speech that with the help of the indigenous technology, the speed, safety as well as service will be ensured in railways. Piyush Goyal has started his speech at 11:00 AM and the railway budget was the part of it.
Have a look at some highlights of the railway budget 2019
- The expenditure on railways would be hiked to Rs. 148% from 2014.
- The government envisions creating the next generation infrastructure.
- The railway budget is Rs.64,587 crores for the next financial year 2019-20.
- The operating ratio for the next financial year has been targeted as 95% and there is a great operational improvement in the ongoing year. It is really great for the health of the railways. Says Piyush Goyal.
- Artificial intelligence has been used by the Indian railways. It detects the health of the coaches and tracks thus ensure the safety. Various artificial intelligence software has been used in our railway system for ensuring safety and speed.
- With DFcs opening, the railway network is free up for the smoother movement of the trains.
- Indian railways have recently announced the recruitment of 2.3 Lakh people. This is a great step to fight with the unemployment in India. A 10% reservation has been given to upper caste and general people.
- The government is developing railways stations similar to the airports. Several railways stations have been redeveloping by the Indian railway station development corporation.
- There will be no fare hike to be announced and it is great news for all the people.
- Railway minister added in his speech that the Tata group will provide free Wi-Fi to 4,000 railway station and railway budget will not pay a penny for this.
- The railway stations are upgrading and better amenities will be proving in upcoming time such as CCTV camera, free Wi-fi, and much more others.
- The infrastructure is upgrading to a new level to ensure the safety of the passengers.
- The slow-moving trains will be replaced with the MEMUs (mainline electric multiple units) for faster speed.
The center of focus was on the high speed trains while offering security to the passengers of the trains. The railway budget was focused on three things which are safer, better and a faster railway system. All the details regarding the railway budget focus on these three pillars as you can see above. Finance Minister Piyush Goyal says that it is the safest year for the Indian railways.